- East Asian literature, cinema, history, and popular culture
- Asian American literature and history
- Critical theory and intellectual history
- Taiwan Studies and Sinophone Studies
- Chinese language
- Graduate Seminar: “Proseminar on Issues and Trends in Contemporary East Asia”
- Upper-Level Course (25 students): “Contemporary Chinese Cinema”
- General Education Courses (200 students): “History and Memory of Japanese Colonization in East Asia," “History and Legacy of Chinese Overseas Students”
- Freshman Writing Class: “Writing and Critical Reasoning”
- Language Courses: “Fourth Year Chinese” (Level: American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages Advanced Low) “Chinese III” (ACTFL Intermediate Low), “USC Chinese STARTALK Program" (ACTFL Novice)
- Graduate Studies: "Diaspora Studies," "Sinophone Literature and Cinema," "Postcolonial Studies and East Asia," "Taiwan Literature and Cinema," "Transnational Taiwan Literature"
- Advanced Level: "Forked Tongue: Practice and Theory of Literary Translingualism," "Moving Stories from Taiwan: Migration and Memory," "Home Away from Home: East Asian Diasporic Literatures and Cultures," "Not Made in China: Global Chinese Literature and Culture," "Nativist Literature in Taiwan,"
- Introductory Level: "Good Taste: East Asian Food Culture," "What Not to Know: State Censorship and Civil Resistance in East Asian" "Moving Stories from China: Diaspora and Memory," "East Asian Popular Culture," “Destroying the Iron House: Modern Chinese Literature and Culture"
- Cultural Courses Taught in Chinese: "Chinese Food Cultures" (ACTFL Advanced Low), "Sinophone Queer Cinema" (ACTFL Advanced Mid/High)